Coronavirus, as you all know, is a prodigious public health catastrophe that has ruined our lives too. The country is now under indefinite lockdown for the very fourth time. India on 17 May 2020, Sunday extended the lockdown for two more weeks up to 31st of May. This lockdown has provided some relaxations to the outer containment zones.
Due to this pandemic, COVID-19 on 23 march PM Modi announced one day Janta Curfew as a trial. Then he extended many lockdowns earlier as per the condition. The first lockdown was urged for 21 days from March 25. The second lockdown was extended for 15 days after 14th April to 4th May. The Lockdown three was then extended up to 17th of may likely for 13days.
Third lockdown many considerable services like opening of liquor shops and railway for the workers who want to go home.
And till now the life span of lockdown is continuously increasing. Pm Modi on 17th of may announce for the 4th lockdown up to 31st May. But this time lockdown came with many different permissions and prohibitions. Prime Minister Narender Modi also bats for the use of local products. He said ” Every Indian should become vocal for the local products ”
1. Activities that are forbidden :
- All national and international air travels of people, except for medical services, air Ambulances are prohibited.
- Metro and local railway services
- Hotels, restaurants, and other services like this. Other places of the public crowd such as cinemas, shopping malls, gymnasiums, parks, religious places, cultural programs.
- Bus spots, railway stations, And airports are closed down.
- Running of schools, colleges, and other institutions or coaching centers.
2. Activities that are permitted :
- Interstate movement of buses and other vehicles has been allowed by the consent of State Government.
- Local authorities would ensure the opening of the market with proper time management. Social Distancing has to be maintained will buying the Essential items.
- All shopkeepers must ensure a distance of 6 feet among the customer and not allow more than 5 people at a time.
- Shops including ration, groceries, barber shops, spas, and salons including that are in the malls are open for a certain period of time.
- E-commerce services are also permitted to deliver goods whether essential or not in the green and orange zones.
3. Night curfew :
Night curfew will continue which forbid the movement of individuals for non-essential activities between 7pm to 7am.
4. States Powers :
- Due to new guidelines, States and Union Territories will be divided according to the Green, Orange, Red and one other zone is added that is the Containment zone. These deviations are made according to the parameters made by the Health Minister.
- Zones can be as big as a district or as small as a Block. This is divided by the state and UT’s Government.
- Inside orange and red zones the most essential item shops are going to be opened.
- In the containment zones, strict rules and parameters should be maintained. No movement of people would be allowed. Except for Medical assistance and supply of food materials.
5. Protection of people at risk :
People above the age of 65 years, or diseased, or pregnant women, children below the age of 10 years shall stay at homes and ensure social distancing except for a medical purpose.